Sunday 13 January 2013

Stitched Together

Well its been a while since I updated my blog!  For 2013 I am going to try to post smaller updates more often rather than trying to save up for the perfect, but far too long (and daunting to type), posts.

Looking at my last post the Malifaux hobby league had just started and a lot of games and hobby effort has been and gone since then.  I really enjoyed the league and did far better than I had anticipated - I'll hopefully come back to that in another post.

For today, here's the Stitched Togethers I am now the proud owner of.


These little critters are some of the more unpleasant characters in my Zoraida crew.  Zoraida can create all manner of evil dolls and bestow a mockery of life into them.  Based on Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas (they have abilities such as "Gamble your life" and are clearly little burlap sacks filled full of nasty) I love these figures so its a bonus that they look great and work extremely well in the game too. On this first little figure I extended his head a bit, adding the "pony tail" with some green stuff to make him look even more like Oogie.


This first sack of unpleasantness is mounted on a raised base that supposed to be a sewer pipe outlet, leaking some nice green ooze.  The figures are quite small but in game they are "height 2" which is average so larger bases help remind me and my opponent of this during play.  The small die was added to the base to again emphasise the gambling aspect of these guys, plus again they are Oogie's favourite toy in the film.


This second little chap is again mounted to add to his height.  This time on a sewer grate, he's just rolled a pair of dice and (after a little bump) managed a double 6...little cheat!


Anyway, short post was the plan, so there we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment