Saturday 3 March 2012

A fresh start

After a long break from blogging, I decided I would start keeping notes of what I get up to again in my various hobbies.  As inspiration strikes and my experience of using this blog editor grows I hope it'll look a bit nicer, but for now its all sorts of orange.

My previous blog exists under a profile that isn't very handy for me to get into, so I may revisit the chapters in there one day.  This is quite fortunate really as the title was disproved some time ago on my brother's blog, that I contributed to from time to time.

So to open the proceedings I present a recently painted miniature.  With the Warhammer Fantasy Battle's Vampire Counts army getting a new army book and a bunch of new figures I interrupted what I was working on to get this figure ready for battle.

This is the new plastic Wight King produced by Games Workshop.  The colour scheme is a blatant copy of the original, but as my army is green and red this suited me very well indeed!

Fear my strange floaty cloak!

I've made the sword have a slight blue glow to it, he's got killing blow after all.

I had the opportunity to use the new liquid greenstuff on this figure to tidy up his shoulder pads, you can see on the cloak a slight line I should have also filled.

From this angle you would also see a gap in his helmet and cloak if the greenstuff hadn't been applied.  Great stuff this liquid greenstuff, recommend it highly - its non-toxic too (unlike the real stuff).

Alas in his first game he proved less than pivotal - I'm sure I'll find a use for him in future.  Despite the changes to the book, vampires seem better than ever as heroes and lords, but more on that another time I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment